Why do Egyptian women wear veils?

Doing such a report was not easy especially because I'm veiled, so when I start asking them "Why do you wear veil?" they stare at me "just as you do!"

However, I found some interesting answers which I'm sharing with you..

photo was not captured by me..all rights reserved for the photographer

"Why do you wear a veil?"

- Because it's our traditions!                                                    "23 years"

- Because if I don't people will think that I'm bad..         "19 years"

- I wear a veil because my father insisted.                          "16 years"


- I found it a mode, It's very trendy now days to be veiled "23 years"


- All of my friends are veiled, so why not!                                 "19 years"

- It's very hard to find enough time to style my hair everyday before going to work, so wearing a veil solves it                                                   "26 years"

- Because it's one of the rules of Islam, and to keep me save from the baddies.                                                                                                                        "22 years"

- I'm too old to be unveiled                                                             "64 years"


- My friends say that I look much better with a veil than with my hair, my face looks better with a veil..you know!                                             "18 years"

- Oh, actually I wear a scarf because my hair is not so good so I cover it!    "14 years"

- I wish I didn't!                                                                                 "19 years"

- I don't wear my veil to any events or parties .. I will not be veiled on my wedding day of course!                                                                   "21 years"

- I only wear a veil while I'm going to the college..I be in a very bad mood to fix my hair every day..especially that I always wake up late!  "20 years"

- It's something religious .. I'm trying to please Allah by obeying his orders! "18 years"

- I don't know!                                                                                       "17 years"


- To save my reputation, people have a bad idea about unveiled Muslim women..no matter what!                                                                   "20 years"


- I was thinking about taking the veil off..you ask in the worst time! " 19 years"


- I love to do something to Allah, even if I look much better

without the veil!                                                                                        "23 years"

- I'm obeying Allah .. It's soooo sooo hot but I'm still obeying Allah..May Allah please us.                                                                                                        "19 years"

- I was forced to wear it, actually..but even if I got the chance to take it off , I wouldn't have done it..I am looking attractive in it, aren't I?      "18 years"

- It's my second year wearing a veil, we are exposed to a lot of pressure, I'm thinking about taking it off for a while...may be for 3 years or...whatever, who cares?!                                                                                                             "22 years"

- I fear Allah.                  "31 years"

- Death will not wait for me, I must be ready .              "29 years"

- My husband forced me to wear a veil in order to get married.  "28 years"


- And why not?!   "19 years"

- It's a must for every Muslim girl to be veiled.  "23 years"


- I have never asked myself this question!  "15 years"


- I'm not a good Muslim, I'm 
too lazy  to pray, I don't give charity or any thing good, so I wear a veil because it's the easiest thing I can do to please Allah!  " 24 years"

- I love to be " A la mode", and wearing a veil is the mode nowadays..   "19 years"



Note: these answers don't represent the whole veiled Egyptian women, but only represent themselves.
I surveyed some veiled women and these were their answers .. However, these answers don't represent every veiled Egyptian woman .. They only represent the women who got surveyed.